Xamarin.iOS Analysis Rules
- PDF for offline use
Let us know how you feel about this
- Problem: The linker is disabled on device for the debug mode.
- Fix: You should try to run your code with the linker to avoid any surprises. To set it up, go to Project > iOS Build > Linker Behavior.
- Problem: App builds that initialize the Test Cloud agent will be rejected by Apple when submitted, as they use private API.
- Fix: Add or fix the necessary #if and defines in code.
- Problem: Debug configuration that uses developer signing keys should not generate an IPA as it is only needed for distribution, which now uses the Publishing Wizard.
- Fix: Disable IPA build in Project Options for the Debug configuration.
- Problem: The supported architecture for "release | device" isn't 64 bit compatible, missing ARM64. This is a problem as Apple does not accept 32 bits only iOS apps in the AppStore.
- Fix: Double click on your iOS project, go to Build > iOS Build and change the supported architectures so it has ARM64.