Downgrading Visual Studio 2017
- PDF for offline use
Let us know how you feel about this
last updated: 2016-06
Uninstall Visual Studio 2017 using the Visual Studio Installer.
- For more information on how to do this, follow the steps in the Uninstall Visual Studio guide.
Download the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.0 RTW installer from my.visualstudio.com.
- For more information on how to do this, refer to the older downloads page
Run the installer to install Visual Studio 2017, version 15.0.
- For more information on how to do this, refer to the installation page. Remember to select the Mobile development with .NET workload when you install.
Compatible Mac Versions
If you are developing on both Visual Studio for Windows and Visual Studio for Mac, it is recommended that you have compatible versions of all products on both IDEs.
As per this blog post, the compatible versions for 15.0 RTW are:
- Xamarin Studio 18.104.22.168
- Xamarin.iOS 10.6.0.10
- Xamarin.Android 7.1.0-43
- Xamarin Profiler 1.2.1-3
- Xamarin.Mac 22.214.171.1248
- Mono Framework MDK 126.96.36.199
These can be download on the Xamarin Account page by selecting the correct version under each product:
If you only use the Mac remotely as a build host for iOS and Xamarin.Mac, you can skip the the installation of the Android and Visual Studio for Mac packages