Let us know how you feel about this
last updated: 2017-08
There are some limitations on the things Xamarin Live Player can run, including the items below:
- Android user interfaces designed with AXML files are not currently supported.
- Some iOS storyboard features are not supported.
- iOS XIB files are not supported.
- Custom Renderers are not supported.
- Xamarin.Forms Effects are not supported.
- Embedded resources are not supported (ie. embedding images or other resources in a PCL).
- Limited support for reflection (currently affects some popular NuGets, like SQLite and Json.NET). Other NuGets are still supported.
- Some system classes cannot be overridden (for example, you cannot implement a subclass).
- Some platform features that require provisioning can't work in the Xamarin Live Player app (however it has been configured for common operations like camera access).
- Custom targets and build steps are ignored. For example, tools like Fody cannot be incorporated.
NOTE: Xamarin Live Player does not work with Xamarin Studio
Please report any additional issues on bugzilla.