Xamarin Firewall Configuration Instructions
Endpoints to Whitelist
- PDF for offline use:
Let us know how you feel about this.
last updated: 2016-12
A list of hosts that you need to whitelist in your firewall to allow Xamarin’s platform to work for your company.
In order for Xamarin products to install and work properly, certain endpoints must be accessible to download the required tools and updates for your software. If you or your company have strict firewall settings, you may experience issues with installation, licensing, components, and more. This document outlines some of the known endpoints that need to be whitelisted in your firewall in order for Xamarin to work. This list does not include the endpoints required for any third-party tools included in the download. If you are still experiencing trouble after going through this list, refer to the Apple or Android installation troubleshooting guides, or contact Xamarin support directly.
Endpoints to Whitelist
The following known addresses will need to be added in order for the software to install properly when using the latest release of the Xamarin installer:
- xamarin.com (installer manifests)
- download.xamarin.com (Mono, GTK#, Java SDK for Windows)
- dl.google.com (to download the Android SDK)
- log.xamarin.com (our log server)
- Installer downloads from URLs specified in the Xamarin Installer manifest: Mac/Windows (currently all point to the hosts above)
If you are using a Mac and are encountering Xamarin.Android install issues, please ensure that Apple is able to download Java.
Account Login and Subscription Activation
The following addresses will need to be added to ensure proper behavior of the software with respect to licensing and user account activation:
Components Store and NuGet (including Xamarin.Forms)
The following addresses will need to be added in order to access the the Xamarin Component Store or NuGet (Xamarin.Forms is packaged as a NuGet):
- components.xamarin.com (to use Xamarin Components Store)
- xamarin-components.s3.amazonaws.com (hosts Components Store downloads)
- www.nuget.org (to access NuGet)
- az320820.vo.msecnd.net (NuGet downloads)
- dl-ssl.google.com (Google components)
The following addresses will need to be added to ensure that software updates can download properly:
- software.xamarin.com (updater service)
The following addresses will need to be added to ensure that activity reaches the Xamarin Insights server:
Xamarin Mac Agent
To connect Visual Studio to a Mac build host using the Xamarin Mac Agent requires the SSH port to be open. By default this is Port 22.
This guide covered the endpoints to whitelist in order to allow Xamarin products to install and update properly on your machine.